If we know what serves as the mark of God that sanctifies (sets apart) the Israelites as belonging to Him we can know what the mark of the beast is that sets apart his people who carries his mark, his number, or his name.
The seventh day Sabbath serves as the mark (sign) of the people of God (Jesus), as it is written in Exodus 31:17. In Deuteronomy 11:18, we read the same similarity of the mark on the hands and on the forehead. The words of God (Jesus) were to be bound on the hands and on the forehead.
Thus, the mark of the beast has to do also with his day which sets his people apart and of his words of blasphemy against God on their hands and forehead.
Exodus 31:12-18 ASV
(12) And Jehovah spake unto Moses, saying,
(13) Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily ye shall keep my sabbaths: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am Jehovah who sanctifieth you.
(14) Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that profaneth it shall surely be put to death; for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
(15) Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day is a sabbath of solemn rest, holy to Jehovah: whosoever doeth any work on the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
(16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
(17) It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days Jehovah made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
(18) And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, the two tables of the testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.
Deuteronomy 11:18 KJ3
(18) And you shall lay these words up in your hearts, and in your souls, and shall bind them for a sign on your hands. And they shall be for frontlets between your eyes.
Acts 26:11 ASV
(11) And punishing them oftentimes in all the synagogues, I strove to make them blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto foreign cities. [According to the words of Deuteronomy 13, upon which Paul based his persecution].
The beast carries name of blasphemy and he speaks blasphemy against God. So, the stateman on earth with a throne (head of a government, per Revelation 13:2, 17:12) that carries the name of blasphemy on his head and speaks blasphemy is the beast. The woman (Babylon) sits on the beast and the carries her.
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Revelation 2:9 KJV
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. Revelation 13:1 KJV
And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. Revelation 13:6 KJV
So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. Revelation 17:3 KJV
Having his mark (imprint) on forehead
Having his mark (imprint) on hands
Worshipping the beast and image of the first beast
Having the name of the beast
Having the number of the beast
(7) Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy; for I am Jehovah your God. (8) And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am Jehovah who sanctifieth you. Leviticus 20:7-8 ASV
The signs of the desecration of the beast (Satan): either one suffices for eternal perdition
And that no one should be able to buy or sell, except the one having the imprint, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Revelation 13:17 ABP
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as worshipped not the beast, neither his image, and received not the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand; and they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Revelation 20:4 ASV
And they did obeisance to the dragon, to the one giving the authority to the beast. And they did obeisance to the beast, saying, Who is likened to the beast? And who is mighty to wage war with it? Revelation 13:4 ABP
And it was given to it to give spirit to the image of the wild beast, that the image of the wild beast should be speaking also, and should be causing that whosoever should not be worshiping the image of the wild beast may be killed." Revelation 13:15 CLV
Come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before Yahweh, our Maker." Psalms 95:6 CLV
And it shall be for a sign to thee on thy hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the law of Jehovah may be in thy mouth; for with a powerful hand hath Jehovah brought thee out of Egypt. Exodus 13:9 Darby
And it shall be for a sign on thy hand, and for frontlets between thine eyes, for with a powerful hand Jehovah brought us forth out of Egypt. Exodus 13:16 Darby
And thou, speak thou unto the children of Israel, saying, Surely my sabbaths shall ye keep; for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that ye may know that it is I, Jehovah, who do hallow you. Exodus 31:13 Darby
It shall be a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever; for in six days Jehovah made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. Exodus 31:17 Darby
And thou shalt bind them for a sign on thy hand, and they shall be for frontlets between thine eyes. Deuteronomy 6:8 Darby
And ye shall lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, and they shall be for frontlets between your eyes. Deuteronomy 11:18 Darby
and that no one should be able to buy or sell save he that had the mark, the name of the beast, or the number of its name. Revelation 13:17 Darby
And the smoke of their torment goes up to ages of ages, and they have no respite day and night who do homage to the beast and to its image, and if any one receive the mark of its name. Revelation 14:11 Darby
And I saw thrones; and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them; and the souls of those beheaded on account of the testimony of Jesus, and on account of the word of God; and those who had not done homage to the beast nor to his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and hand; and they lived and reigned with the Christ a thousand years: Revelation 20:4 Darby